|"New York decisions shall be cited from the official reports" (CPLR 5529 [e]).
Welcome to the New York Official Reports website, presented by the New York State Law Reporting Bureau.
The Law Reporting Bureau is the New York State agency responsible for publishing the decisions of the New York courts in the Official Reports.
This site provides access to a comprehensive collection of officially published New York court decisions from January 1, 1980 to the present. For the period of coverage, all decisions of the Court of Appeals and the Appellate Division, as well as selected opinions of the lower courts, are included. Motion decisions of the appellate courts also are available.
Other helpful resources, including the Official Reports Style Manual, and useful information about the Law Reporting Bureau, its publications and its operations also are provided.
Most Recent Decisions
Jan. 14, 2016 - Court of Appeals
Feb. 9, 2016 - App Div, 1st Dept
Feb. 3, 2016 - App Div, 2nd Dept
Feb. 4, 2016 - App Div, 3rd Dept
Feb. 5, 2016 - App Div, 4th Dept
Feb. 8, 2016 - App Term, 1st Dept
Feb. 1, 2016 - App Term, 2nd Dept
Feb. 9, 2016 - Other Courts
Feb. 9, 2016 - Commercial Division
- Listen to NY Courts Amici Podcast featuring State Reporter William J. Hooks.
- 2015 Update is online for the 2012 edition of the New York Reports Style Manual.
- A searchable database dedicated specifically to decisions of the Commercial Division is now available on our Decisions page. See instructions at the bottom of this page.
- The 2012 edition of the New York Reports Style Manual is now available online.
- Subscribe to Official Reports RSS Feeds to keep track of the latest developments in New York case law.
- Court of Appeals New Filings A list of recently-filed appeals in the state's highest court, indicating short title, jurisdictional predicate, subject matter and key issues.
- Rules of Professional Conduct (effective April 1, 2009) citation styles are now available in the New York Law Reports Style Manual in both HTML and PDF formats.
- Use the Citation Services to find the approved "cite-as" case names for citing New York and United States Supreme Court decisions and to research citation history for decisions published in the Third Series of the New York Official Reports (2004 to date).
- Although our Advanced Search Form is ideal when you wish to search by party, judge, date, docket number, or citation, there are times when a simple full-text search will suffice. Use our new Quick Search, available on this page and many other pages, to quickly search our decisions, motions or the entire Official Reports website.