- Appointed to the Third Department on December 30, 1994.
- Graduated from LaSalle Institute in Troy, Boston College and Albany Law School.
- Served in U.S. Navy, JAGC.
- Began his legal career in private practice in Troy with his father in 1966.
- Served as Deputy Clerk of Rensselaer County Surrogate's Court, Assistant Rensselaer County District Attorney and Deputy Corporation Counsel of the City of Troy.
- Elected to City of Troy Police Court in 1977, Rensselaer County Family Court in 1985, and Supreme Court in 1991. Reelected to Supreme Court in 2005.
- Appointed Administrative Judge for the Third Judicial District in 1994.