- Appointed to the Third Department effective March 6, 2000.
- Graduated from Colgate University and Albany Law School.
- After his admission to practice in 1971, engaged in the private practice of law in Plattsburgh, Clinton County.
- Served as law secretary to the late Justice Norman L. Harvey in the early 1970s.
- Also served as a Clinton County special acting District Attorney and as a Plattsburgh special acting City Court Judge.
- Appointed and then elected Justice of the Supreme Court for the Fourth Judicial District in 1997.
- Re-elected Justice of the Supreme Court for the Fourth Judicial District in 2011.